Monday, October 09, 2006

New Home

A while back I was looking for a new place for my servers to live. Well I found a place, and today the move went off without a hitch.

The new hosting facility it much better then any previous ones I've been in, since it appears to be jointly ran by Lockheed Martin, and hosts government servers. After seeing the huge redundant generators and 3 story cooling towers with gravity fed water tanks I was pretty much sold. There is so much redundancy in this place, there is a good chance you will still be able to buy chimney sweep software and used cars if DC gets nuked. There's even 24/7 security in case you were thinking of physically unplugging my hardware.

My parting thought is that if I ever get my hands on the person that writes the interfaces for Netscreen/Juniper firewalls, I will rip them limb from limb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home