Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Why I hate Peter Norton

Actually I don't hate Peter, but come on what programmer puts a picture of himself on the program's box? Really, my beef with Norton today is Norton's Internet Utilities. Customers started complaining that there was no link to view their ads. I didn't know what was going on, and when I got screenshots that physically showed the link missing I was really shocked. Even though the same browser was being used, a link was literally not there!

Finally after getting the HTML source from the customer, I saw some bizarre JavaScript on the page that wasn't mine. Well this explained it. Because the link to the ads was called "AdView.aspx" Norton blocked them. Argh. So I guess the moral is, beware using the word "ad" on your website. I guess I'll have to purchase Norton now just to test all my websites in now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home